Reiki healing is not, nor has it ever been a cure. It is not meant as a replacement for consultation with a medical professional, but rather a support to them.
Reiki is a method of holistic healing that helps maintain spiritual, psychological, emotional, and physical balance. True to the definition of the term “holistic”, this healing modality helps its recipients to attain, and maintain wholeness across all levels. It is a way of creating harmony within the human body from the inside out.
It is therefore a wonderful tool for all species in all walks of life around the world. It is gentle and noninvasive, and works to release rather than induce stress or pain.
- Maintain health and well-being across physical, psychological & emotional systems
- Facilitate deep relaxation and letting go of stress
- Facilitate and accelerate healing from illness or after surgery
- Aid in reducing pain and inflammation
- Aid in correcting behavioural problems like aggression
- Help victims of all forms of abuse to recover from the effects of trauma
- Support other therapies to affect healing
- Lessen side-effects of treatments i.e. chemo therapy
- Support the dying process
Reiki healing is also wonderful in that healer and patient do not necessarily need to be in the same space for the transfer of energy to occur. Distance does not alter the quality of the healing session because Reiki is governed by intention. If the practitioner has engaged with its spiritual aspects, it is governed by faith.